amc-theater

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Life Lessons - Conclusion

Posted on 07:57 by tripal h
By Mojo Rider


The last installment of Lt. Col. Guy LoFaro's speech:


LEADERSHIP


And then it's months later and you're still recovering. Most of the tubes are gone but it's time for another round of major surgeries. And you go into one of the last, this one about 9 hours long. And they put you back together. And you wake up in the ICU one more time. Only one IV this time. And when you open your eyes, there's a huge figure standing over your bed. BDUs. Green beret in his hand. Bigger than God. And he's smiling. "It's about damn time you woke up you lazy bastard" he says. And you know it's your friend and former commander and you've got to come back with something quick - something good. He's the deputy Delta Force commander, soon to be the commander. And you say "Don't you have someplace else to be? Don't you have something more important to do?" And without skipping a beat, without losing that smile he says "Right now, I am doing what I consider the most important thing in the world." And you learn about leadership.

So there you have them. Some stories. I've tried to let you see the world as I've seen it a various points in time these 18 years. I hope you've learned something. I certainly have. "Rangers, lead the way!"


I posted this speech as food for thought. There's a saying that goes, "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." If you're smart, have a sense of awareness, I hope the dear reader gets something out of this and can maybe apply some of this to his or her life or workplace. At the very least, I hope it gives pause, that the reader stops to reflect and ask, "what kind of life am I leading? what kind of person do I want to be?"

All these things talked about by LoFaro, they all blend together: leadership, friendship and camaraderie, loyalty, compassion. You can't provide leadership if there is no camaraderie; there is no camaraderie if there is no friendship; there is no friendship if there is no loyalty or compassion.

You can't change people a lot of the times; you have to change your response to them, how you deal with them. You might not even change the workplace environment you're in if you're a middle manager, but if you lead by example and exhibit the qualities of friendship and teamwork to your co-workers, it might make the culture a little bit better. Not everyone will be on your side or reciprocate the loyalty; but those you do get on your side, if you know how to motivate them and keep morale up, they'll run thru a brick wall for you.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in law enforcement, leadership, life, military, Mojo Rider | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Interview with Rick Lee
    Source: Online Education What I find interesting is the pie chart: the top 3 horny countries are China, South Korea and Japan. Anyway, here...
  • Finishing the Game
    I'm really surprised more people didn't like Finishing the Game . The comic timing by the actors and director was hilarious. The moc...
  • American Idol - John Park Interview
  • Why "A. Magazine" Went the Way of the Dodo
    I was looking around for images to stick on this blog, so I went through a pile of "A. Magazine" back issues. All I could up with...
  • "I see dead people..."
    Here's an absolutely hilarious video I found by way of AA Theory . It's a Korean girl pretending to be a ghost. The reactions from...
  • Facebook bans Racebending
    On March 15th, 2010, Facebook bans the group "People Against Racebending: Protest of the Cast of The Last Airbender Movie" for vio...
  • Attraction is Not a Choice
    I recently had lunch with a friend, and she related how she had broken up with her boyfriend. She's a very intelligent girl and like an...
  • Rock on, Lil' Alpha Asian!
    Three year old Howard Wong With all of these Asian kids popping up on YouTube with kick ass music and dance talents, I can't help but th...
  • Year of the Noodle - by MojoRider
    If I eat too much American cuisine for a long time, I get a huge hankering for Asian cuisine. I gotta have some rice and get away from potat...
  • Honestly Expressing One's Self
    So here's a great video I watched on the Big WoWo blog. Here's Byron's synopsis of the video: "In the video above, Nigeria...

Categories

  • 18 Mighty Mountain Warriors
  • 442nd
  • Aaron Yoo
  • Alpha Asian
  • Alpha Asians
  • American Born Chinese
  • American Idol
  • amrevolutions
  • Angel Island
  • Angry Asian Man
  • Anna123
  • art creativity
  • art creativity music
  • Asian American bloggers
  • Asian Americans
  • Asian kids
  • Asian men
  • Asian parents
  • Asian Pearls
  • Asian-American Empowerment
  • ass
  • attraction
  • Austin Asian American Film Festival
  • Banana
  • Better Asian Man
  • Better Luck Tomorrow
  • Big WoWo
  • blondes
  • Bobby Lee
  • Body modification
  • books
  • Bruce Lee
  • Burt Takeuchi
  • butts
  • Byron Mann
  • Cafe Di Vang
  • Cantonese Boy
  • cats
  • Celtic
  • Chilton
  • Christmas
  • comedians
  • comedy
  • ComicCon
  • community
  • Conan O'Brien
  • cuisine
  • culture
  • dads
  • dance
  • Daniel Dae Kim
  • Daniel Henney
  • dating
  • David Chang
  • death
  • Diary of a Mad Asian Guy
  • diet
  • dogs
  • Dragon Beads
  • Edward Tom
  • exercise
  • Far East Movement
  • fatherhood
  • fitness
  • fob
  • food
  • Forgotten History
  • fortune cookies
  • Fred Lau
  • Genghis Khan
  • Ghost Soldier
  • Goh Nakamura
  • grief
  • groceries
  • Gunnarolla
  • Halloween
  • Hanshan
  • happiness
  • health
  • Heather Fong
  • Hiroshima
  • hockey
  • identity politics
  • imagined communities
  • Immigration
  • interviews
  • Ironman 2
  • Jake Shimabukuro
  • James Huang
  • James Kyson Lee
  • Japanese videos
  • Jeremy Lin
  • Joe Wong
  • John Cho
  • John Park
  • Jon and Kate Plus 8
  • Just Kidding Films
  • Justin Chon
  • K-Town Cowboys
  • Kev Jumba
  • Kevin Tan
  • Kia
  • Kobukson
  • Kogi Taco Truck
  • language
  • law enforcement
  • leadership
  • life
  • little emperor syndrome
  • Long Tack Sam
  • Lost
  • Love Pearls
  • loyalty
  • Lumina
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Manny Pacquiao
  • martial arts
  • Michael Chang
  • migration
  • Miko Andres
  • military
  • Mojo Rider
  • money
  • Monkey King
  • Morgan Spurlock
  • movies
  • music
  • Names
  • new year's resolution
  • Ninja Assassin
  • noodles
  • Notorious MSG
  • Paper-Sons
  • paradorn
  • parkour
  • Paul Qingpoy Chow
  • pen spinning
  • Penis Beads
  • Planet B-Boy
  • podcast
  • population increase
  • pornography
  • pre-Columbian contact
  • psychology
  • Quest Crew
  • Randall Park
  • reality TV
  • relationships
  • Respect
  • restaurants
  • Rick Lee
  • Robert Hong
  • Robert Kiyosaki
  • rock
  • Roger Fan
  • Ruby Li Long
  • Ryan Higa
  • satire
  • science fiction
  • self knowledge
  • senior citizens
  • SFPD
  • Shanghai Kiss
  • Shogun
  • social networking
  • sports
  • Star Trek TNG
  • StreetWars
  • stuntmen
  • success
  • Sungha
  • Survivor
  • T-shirts
  • tattoo
  • Ted Leonsis
  • The Amazing Race 14
  • The Joy Luck Club
  • The Sims
  • Tim Chiou
  • Tsien Hsue-Shen
  • TV shows
  • Valentine's Day
  • Vanishing Son
  • Victor Kim
  • Vincent Chin
  • viral videos
  • web series
  • weight lifting
  • Wen Ho Lee
  • Westerberg
  • Wong Fu Productions
  • writer's block

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2010 (121)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (20)
    • ▼  April (19)
      • Interview with K-Town Reality Show Producers
      • Buffalo Bill Ed Wang (王凱) & his parents
      • Sometimes When I Punch by Manny Pacquiao
      • Streetfighter High
      • Inside a Chinese Immersion School
      • Octopus Steals Underwater Camera
      • Asian Conan
      • Life Lessons - Conclusion
      • Life Lessons Part 4 & 5 - Creed and Compassion
      • Slanted, The Web Series
      • Life Lessons Part 3 - Grief
      • On Leadership: Dartmouth College President Jim Yon...
      • Life Lessons Part 2 - Courage, Friendship, Camraderie
      • Punks Target Asians at Bus Stops
      • Life Lessons Part 1 - Loyalty
      • Yoonha Hwang "Break Your Heart"
      • Podcast: Do Universities Discriminate against Asia...
      • Emotional Expressiveness
      • Here's My Business Card...
    • ►  March (23)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2009 (129)
    • ►  December (21)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2008 (60)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

tripal h
View my complete profile